AmCham Blog Guidelines
Do you have an interesting topic you would like to talk about?
The AmCham blog provides you with the opportunity to address an extensive community of like-minded professionals in a broad range of business areas.
Below are a few guidelines we suggest.
From you we need:
A post to add to our business blog
- Of around 800 words
- On a topic of your interest
- With a link to the United States
What makes a good blog post?
- Stand out & target your audience
Either with a unique angle or your specific skills or experience.
Think about how your post will help your audience.
- Captivating opening
Make your headline clear, concise and self-explanatory.
80% of people will read your headline, but only 20% will read the rest. So make sure your headline and opening paragraph is captivating.
- Make it scannable
There is so much content available online and your readers’ time is limited. A clear and focused point of view and clear, easy-to-read structure helps you stand out.
- Add a relatable image, with a caption
Adding an image to your post visually stimulates your readers and can help trigger emotions through your post.
Captions are an effective way to keep attention longer.
Please make sure you have permission to use any images you include.
- Be yourself
- Write in a plain, concise and direct style
- Use bullet points or numbered lists to provide information quickly
- Use hyperlinks in your post
- Ask your readers questions or ask for their thoughts
- Highlight the American connection to your post
- Emphasise the services you provide
- Write very long paragraphs
- Try to include too much information in one single post
- Overuse different typestyles like bold, italic or underlined text
- Use images without permission
Take a look at the AmCham business blog on http://blog.amcham.com.au for inspiration or to read previous submissions!
If you would like to contribute to our blog, please contact Freya Zemek at AmCham today.